Making Tracks...

Making Tracks is a journal of my travels through different places around the world. It includes stories, adventures, thoughts, politics and pictures.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berlin, Germany

I'm a late 20s marxist, queer history nerd and activist who's decided it's about time she saw a bit more of the world with her own eyes.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Starting out

So, I've never kept a blog before, and I'm still learning how to do it. But I figure I'm leaving real soon, and it's about time I got my head around this web technology business.

Well, this is I guess the official beginning of my travels. I have packed up my job, am packing up my house, have no study commitments, no relationship, and the good fortune of a redundancy payout (it's bloody good to have worked for an organisation that cares about workers rights!). I leave on 20 September which is less than a month away and I have so much to do.

My plan is to start in Beijing, hang out there for a week, and then jump on a train to St Petersburg, stopping in Siberia and Moscow along the way. After that I'll end up in Berlin where I'm going to live for a few months and learn some more German, and after that check out a bit more of Europe - hopefully going down into Eastern Europe and Turkey. I'm also planning on visiting my sorely missed sister in the UK, say g'day to the family in Ireland. After that I return home via Buenos Aires, Santiago and Auckland. I'm expecting the whole thing to take me anywhere between 4 and 12 months.

So here's to my plans, and wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger shannon said...

hey yo comrados,

i linked you on my blog. hurrah! mianly so that i can remember where you are. even though i think that you are still in the country...

you should go to comment settings and make it so that people without blogs can comment. also, turn on word varification so that you don't get spammed. it is sad that i know these things.

anyway, i'm supposed to writing an article. have a good trip! that sounds super naff. but it's true! xxxx

Tuesday, September 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home