Making Tracks...

Making Tracks is a journal of my travels through different places around the world. It includes stories, adventures, thoughts, politics and pictures.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berlin, Germany

I'm a late 20s marxist, queer history nerd and activist who's decided it's about time she saw a bit more of the world with her own eyes.

Friday, October 13, 2006

nevsky prospekt, 9am


i'm on nevsky prospekt! i'm ON nevsky prospekt! ha! oh i wish i had my copy of ten days that shook the world with me so i could do my own revolutionary walking tour!

ahem, anyway, putting my excitement about that aside, just a quickie to say that in my last two days in moscow i saw:
- my favourite gaugin painting
- other pieces by matisse, picasso, degas, rodin, toulouse-lautrec, munch, monet, diego rivera, other gaugin pieces, delacroix, van gogh, and so forth (and it wasn't just one or two pieces each, it was like 8 or 9 pieces each. my jaw dropped every time i turned a corner. they were all in the same gallery. unbelievable. all the european travellers at the hostel were like, oh yeah, that's cool. but for me it was so great to see all these things in the original.
- the bolshoi ballet!!! i know i know, i'm not usually what you'd call a ballet fan, but i figured when in moscow... and it was pretty good i have to say. but i probably wouldn't go again.

that's all.
kd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home