Making Tracks...

Making Tracks is a journal of my travels through different places around the world. It includes stories, adventures, thoughts, politics and pictures.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berlin, Germany

I'm a late 20s marxist, queer history nerd and activist who's decided it's about time she saw a bit more of the world with her own eyes.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

buried alive in a year of photos

So as promised I finally started to go through my photo collection today and found it completely overwhelming. I didn't think I'd been that snap happy during the year! I have started compiling a selection for your perusal, some of which actually make me laugh out loud. But at least those back home will get a sense of all the folks who have been passing through this pocket of the world.

Today I have had the most gloriously lazy Saturday in ages. Out of bed at around 11.30. Breakfast with a friend at home at around 1pm. Wandered around the neighbourhood in a less than half-arsed attempt to find a costume for the birthday party I'm going to tonight. Got jack of it around 4.15 when the sky turned dark and since then have been sitting on the sofa doing some German revision (ahem, for the first time in MONTHS... my German is really crap for someone who has been here a year already).

My musical choice for today is the Sommersturm soundtrack (a teen gay film from Germany about a boy from a small town who loves another boy in his sport team). I have just discovered The Hidden Cameras (Canadian) and I'm totally in love with them. Check them out here.

Tomorrow I'm going to have to get out of bed early and make a beeline for the flea markets to see if I can buy a new bike. Not sure if I mentioned this to anyone, but my bike finally got stolen a few weeks ago. I was soooooo grumpy about it. But it's just the way things go here - the more bikes being ridden = the more bikes being stolen.

So, anyway, photos are on the way. But here's one to keep everyone happy in the meantime:



Mama and Papa Davison with a very Stalinist Papa Marx and Papa Engels... a likely match?

Til next time,
kd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home